The Curator’s roots lie in the print medium, with our first endeavor taking shape as a visual-only magazine in 2015-16 for 2 editions. 4 years hence, we’re adamant on reviving the physicality of what we do through print, and in doing so, enable all of you to flip real pages instead of scrolling & navigating through tabs.
This time around, our purpose is simple- providing you with a monthly zine wherein you’ll find interesting artists, their compelling work, and insightful pieces on visual arts & music while ensuring that we can together perpetuate the appreciation, love for & importance of the physical format.
While words are crucial, storytelling & the conveyance of messages began with cave paintings. Visual pieces put together mindfully and with intent, are undoubtedly some of the most spectacular & powerful forms of communication.
We’re looking to curate 2 Visual Stories for the zine made by you across various forms- photographs, illustrations, paintings/artwork, or interdisciplinary. There’s no theme or central idea to bind you, except for your own imagination & ability to create visual narratives about whatever you feel strongly about. We are seeking stories that are honest, intriguing, well conveyed, and ultimately move us to feel something or compel us to do something.
- Each story should consist of a minimum of 10 & a maximum of 14 visual pieces.
- A written brief on the visual story must be provided, not exceeding 250 words.
- Everything should be submitted in a single PDF file with its filename as follows- VISUAL STORY NOVEMBER_YOUR NAME
- All submitted stories must be your own original work. If it consists of any ‘found art’, ensure that you mention the source of the same.
- Visual stories created as a collaborative effort between 2 or more people can be submitted. Names of all involved should be mentioned.
- On-going projects may be submitted.
- The last date of submission is 5th/November/2020.
- Please e-mail your submissions to Rahul@tcm-543d75.ingress-baronn.ewp.live.
Please note, only selected artists will be contacted.
One thought on “OPEN CALL: Visual Stories for Print.”
I wish to knowledge about jyotish can app will help me.